IWDA Community & Friends
For over thirty years, community has been at the heart of what we do here at IWDA. We were founded in Melbourne, Australia in 1985 by a small group of friends, committed to the cause of gender equality. We believe all women and girls deserve an equal opportunity to access their rights, education, work, safety and independence.
IWDA currently supports over 30 partner organisations to deliver programs in 6 countries within the Asia Pacific region. This life-changing work would not be possible without the support of a generous community of donors and volunteers across Australia. These donors are everyday Australians, like you, who know the importance of gender equality.
How can I get involved?
Well you’re in the right place! There are a variety of ways you can join in:
- Running – set your target, throw on your running shoes and get your friends & family to sponsor your efforts.
- Everyone loves a bake sale.
- Movie night- gather your friends, warm up some popcorn and watch your favourite feminist film; all for a good cause.
- Donate your birthday – ask your friends to donate to IWDA in lieu of a birthday gift this year.
- Come up with your own idea- the sky’s the limit!