Want to know how much you can save on your tax bill? Use our tax-deductible donations calculator
By donating to IWDA by 30 June 2023 not only will you be supporting women’s rights, you could also be reducing your tax bill.
Donations of more than $2.00 are tax deductible within Australia. This means that by donating today you can reduce your taxable income, while helping to provide a safer, fairer future for thousands of women.
With your support, IWDA can work with women’s rights organisations that protect, support and empower women to say ‘enough is enough’ and break the cycle of exploitation.
Women around the world are exploited at work. In Cambodia’s garment industry that produces clothing sold in the Australian market – it is particularly bad. Women’s basic human rights are routinely denied.
The garment workers, who are mostly women, are expected to work long hours, in terrible conditions for unfair pay. This is modern slavery.
This is EXPLOITATION, and we need you to step up and help END IT!
Please give generously. We must protect women’s rights at work.
Tax Deductible Donations
By donating to IWDA by 30 June 2023, not only will you be supporting women’s rights; you’ll also be saving money on your tax.
Donations of more than $2.00 are tax deductible within Australia. This means that by donating you can reduce your taxable income while helping women escape violence.
Want to know how much you could save on your tax bill? Use our Tax Calculator.
Simply enter the amount you are donating along with your income bracket to work out your potential tax benefit. Of course, your donation won’t only reduce your tax bill – it will help create a safer and more equal future.
What are tax deductions?
Tax deductions are a way to reduce your assessable income and the amount of tax that you pay. Donations of $2.00 or more, made to an organisation registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR), are tax deductible. IWDA is endorsed as a DGR by the Australian Tax Office (ATO).
How do I claim a deduction for a gift or donation?
- Make a donation to IWDA and keep your tax receipt in a safe place.
- Collect your tax documentation, including your tax file number, receipts and PAYG payment summary from your employer.
- Add up the amounts of all gifts and donations you are entitled to claim.
- Write this total at item J, section D9 Gifts or Donations, when you lodge your tax return online, by completing a paper tax return form or through a registered tax agent.
How and when can I claim?
All donations of $2.00 or more made by 30 June 2023 can be claimed in your tax return for FY 2022-23. You can make this claim by completing your tax return directly through the ATO or through a registered tax agent.
Does claiming a tax deduction on a donation affect the amount of money IWDA receives?
No. Your full donation will go towards supporting the work of IWDA.
Why should I make a tax deductible donation to IWDA?
IWDA is an Australian- based organisation, resourcing diverse women’s rights organisations primarily in Asia and the Pacific.
Your donation can:
- enable drop-in centres to provide labour law education and legal assistance to garment workers
- support self-development classes for women in Cambodia to build the confidence to demand change
- create a safer and fairer future for thousands of women garment workers.
provide life-saving support to a woman escaping violence
- provide a woman with the legal support she needs to leave a violent relationship
- help ensure mobile counselling can reach women living in remote areas.