Our Supporter Promise to You
International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA)’s work is only made possible by your generous contributions. Our Supporter Promise represents our commitment to accountability and transparency to you.
IWDA exists to advance and protect the rights of women and girls. We believe in the power of collaboration with supporters like you. We hold our organisation accountable to the highest standards.
We promise not to take you, our donors, for granted. We promise to work with you to help achieve gender equality for all.
Our promise to you:
We will treat your personal information with respect
- IWDA is committed to protecting your personal privacy and retains only the necessary information to assist in achieving our mission. We use a database that is compliant with all national privacy requirements, so your information is safe with us.
- Occasionally, we allow like-minded organisations to contact you with information that may be of interest to you. These organisations allow us to do the same, and this way we can reach more people who share our vision for a gender-equal world. We only do this with your indicated consent. You can opt-out from having your data shared at any point by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will work in partnership with you
- We will check in with you through our supporter surveys to ensure that you remain in control of your support and communication preferences. If you would like to change your communication preferences at any time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team on 03 8373 2500.
- Your feedback is essential and we welcome any comments or questions you have.
- We take complaints very seriously and value them as opportunities to learn and improve. Please refer to our complaints procedure for more information.
We will fundraise with respect and integrity
- IWDA respects our donors’ and partner organisations’ diverse experiences, identities, knowledge and strengths.
- IWDA is a member of the Fundraising Institute of Australia and is guided by the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- We have full accreditation under the Australian Aid program.
- We are an active member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and committed to the ACFID Code of Conduct.
We will be transparent with how your donations are spent
- We want everyone who supports IWDA to understand how your much-needed donations help achieve gender equality for all. We know you want your donations to have the most impact possible and make a difference (we do too!), and we respect that.
- We use some of the funds we raise through our fundraising activities to support both administration and ongoing fundraising campaigns. We understand this can be a complex subject, and assessing charity administration costs can be confusing. Like any other organisation, we need to spend money to operate and grow. We need to pay rent and bills for our office, pay our (incredible!) staff including support staff in finance, HR, communications and others who do wonderful work in ensuring IWDA continues to do life-changing work. Our administration and fundraising costs change year on year, and you can always find this listed in our most recent annual report, which we promise to make easy to access and understand.
- We have some generous suppliers who discount or donate their services, as well as an incredible team of volunteers who give up their time and skills to help us in our vision towards gender equality for all. We are extremely grateful for their ongoing support.
- For more information on charity administration costs, please visit the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
If you have any questions about our Supporter Promise, you can call us on 03 8373 2500 and speak to a member of our Supporter Care team. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm AEST. You can also email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you within two business days.