Consultancy: Final Program Evaluation for two Fiji Programs
April 16, 2019
WHO ARE WE?
IWDA is the leading Australian agency entirely focussed on women’s rights and gender equality in the Asia Pacific region. We are international, feminist and independent.
IWDA supports two programs in Fiji through the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP):
– ‘Speak Up, Speak Out: GIRLS Leading Change in Fiji’ in partnership with the Fiji Women’s Rights Movement (FWRM)
– ‘Women, Peace and Security and the Humanitarian Agenda in the Pacific’ in partnership with femLINKpacific (femLINK)
Both programs are in the final year of a three year project cycle and require an end of program evaluation. IWDA is seeking a consultant to conduct both evaluations consecutively.
OBJECTIVES OF THE EVALUATION
The objectives for the evaluation are to:
– Undertake an assessment of the achievements, outcomes and challenges of both projects against the theory of change;
– Collaboratively implement the evaluation so to maximise learning opportunities related to evaluative processes for femLINK, FWRM and IWDA;
– Undertake an assessment of value and benefit from the partnership between FWRM and IWDA, and femLINK and IWDA in implementing the projects; and
– Identify recommendations for further development and implementation of both projects and partnerships.
The candidate(s) should possess the following skills and experience:
– Demonstrated understanding of feminist research and/or evaluation principles and feminist partnerships.
– Significant experience (5+ years) with implementation of gender/feminist evaluations.
– Experience in participatory processes and supporting partners with research and/or evaluation projects.
– Excellent research and/or evaluation design and analysis skills including a proven track record using relevant methodologies.
– Excellent writing and editing skills.
– Experience in gender, women’s rights and advocacy related programming, particularly with young women and girls.
– Experience working in the Pacific, in particular Fiji.
– Evaluators from, and based in Fiji and or Pacific Island countries are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS CONSULTANCY
Interested individuals should submit the following to email@example.com:
– The CVs for the proposed evaluator(s);
– Budget (including daily rate and an outline of anticipated additional costs);
– Statement of availability (and any limitations to this) for proposed timeframe;
– Summary of proposed evaluation approach in line with a feminist methodology, and proposed priorities for approaches to enabling building capacity and working with co-researchers (max 4 pages); and
– Confirmation of working with children documentation.
Please review the Terms of Reference (link below) and submit your expression of interest by 11.59 pm Tuesday 30th April 2019 (AEDST).
International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA) has an EEO exemption (H298/2018) and requests applications from women only. IWDA encourages women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and women with disabilities to apply. Any offer of employment will require a National Police Check and endorsement of IWDA’s Child Protection Code of Conduct.